• Slideshow - Exhibits
  • Slideshow - Dempster Windmill
  • Slideshow - Filley Stone Barn
  • Slideshow - 1905 Gage County Map

Learn More Than You
Knew Before at the
Gage County Museum

Mission Statement: The Gage County Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets artifacts and archival materials related to the history of Gage County and holds them in trust for present and future generations.

Museum is located at 101 North Second Street, Beatrice, Nebraska (corner of 2nd and Court streets). See map. The Museum is in a 1906 Burlington Passenger Station, the first Neo-Classical Revival architectural style on the Burlington line. This building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Regular winter hours:

  • Thursday–Saturday, 10am–4pm.
  • Closed all major holidays

Admission: donations welcome
Tours by appointment.

Tourist information available.

Divider

Scope of collections:

  • People
  • Railroad
  • Industry
  • Medical
  • Agriculture

Divider

UPCOMING EVENTS:

March 1-3, 2019: Gage County Classic Film Institute's Annual Film Festival. Spotlight on silent film star Harold Lloyd. Special guests: author Scott Eyman and silent film composer and accompanist Ben Model.

Peaks
SPECIAL NEWS

Two Ways to Help The Museum

Name Brick Fundraiser! For $100, get a 4" x 8" brick engraved with up to 3 lines. These name bricks will be placed in the "Statue of Liberty Walkway" in front of the Gage County Museum. Support the museum with a tax-deductable donation! Order by March 1, 2019 for spring placement. Order form HERE.

Read related story in Beatrice Daily Sun HERE.

Help Lay the Foundation for Our Brick Project! Your donations are needed to help the Gage County Historical Society pays its $53,665 portion of the City of Beatrice's brick project. Flyer HERE.

 

Peaks
NOW OPEN

Company C

"Company C" Exhibit

The Nebraska National Guard Museum has created an exhibit about Nebraska National Guard's "Company C" during WWII from Beatice, Nebraska. This interactive exhibit at the Gage County Museum is now open to the public!

Read related story in Beatrice Daily Sun HERE.